Recipes & Health
Tomato, Cucumber and Onion Salad with Feta
- 2-3 medium tomatoes cut in 1inch pieces
- 1 cucumber quartered and sliced 1/2 inch or so
- One small thinly slice red onion
- ½ cup California Gold Olive Oil combined with ¼ cup white cooking wine or white wine vinegar
- 2-3 tsp salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp dried basil
- 1-2 tsp dried tarragon
- Ground pepper to taste
- Optional: ¼ to ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
I usually cut the cucumbers first, salt them and let them sit while I chop up the rest. When you are ready, rinse the cucumbers, and add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. It is best to marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionaly.
Best served at room temperature.
Grilled Rosemary Potatoes
- 3-4 small potatoes per serving; use small new potatoes or fingerlings
- California Gold Olive Oil
- Coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Rosemary sprigs or skewers
Clean the potatoes, and then dry them. Place them in a bowl, and coat generously with olive oil. Season with coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Put potatoes on the rosemary sprigs (you may need to pierce them first). Place on hot grill for approx. 40 min turning halfway through cooking.
Serve with your favorite grilled meat finished with a drizzle of California Gold Olive Oil.
Pasta E Fagioli
- 3 Tbls. California Gold Olive Oil
- 1 med. onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbls. basil pesto; preferably homemade
- 1 cup dry tube type pasta
- 1 cup of crumbled, cooked Italian sausage, diced ham or chicken (optl.)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese,grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Sauté onion in 3 Tbls olive oil . When onions are soft, add garlic & tomatoes. Puree half of the beans, & put beans along with remaining ingredients, except cheese in the pot. Bring to a boil, & then simmer for 30 min. or until pasta is cooked and soup has thickened. Stir in cheese. Season with salt & fresh ground pepper. Serve garnished with chopped fresh basil, grated parmesan & a drizzle of California Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil!